This Modular Knitting Workshop covers a number of techniques which are used to produce small sections (modules) of knitting that are joined together to form a whole.
They are usually geometric shapes and can be joined together once knitted or knit one onto the other so that there is no seaming involved. Whole projects can be worked modularly or modules can be used in sections of a project. It is a wonderful way to knit patchwork quilts and an especially good technique for using hand painted and variegated yarn.
When using a modular knitting technique, I prefer to pick up stitches from existing modules to avoid a lot of seaming at the end. Depending on what type of module you are knitting and the sequence of work, there may still be a seam or two to complete.
Get ready for a wonderful knitting adventure!
- Where: The ColourSpun Studio, 17 Peperboom Street, Heidelberg, Gauteng
- When: Wednesday 29 June 2022 10am to 3pm (with a break for lunch)
- Got Questions? Contact Dana – 083 268 5856
Space is limited – book now!
All Covid 19 protocols are observed.
Any and every.
You will need:
- Yarn – Your choice of ColourSpun – available in studio
- Knitting Needles – size to suit your choice of yarn, straight or circular.
- Scissors or snips
- Wool sewing needles
- Tape measure and ruler
- Notebook and pen
- Pencil, eraser and felt tip pen
- Graph paper (I will supply this for the workshop)
- A4 Paper – 1 or 2 sheets
- Coloured Pencils – optional
- A sense of adventure and a need to be creative.
Please bring your proof of payment for the Modular Knitting Workshop with you on the day